Life is Good

April 6th, 2009

Wooster, with all its opportunities, is making me happy.

After two shows, the play is really over now. It makes me sad. After the second show, we took down the set with some pain in our hearts. It was such an amazing experience to work with people from different generation on a piece of art. I enjoyed every second of it! The audience was great both nights. They responded enthusiastically and were with us the whole play. However, it was interesting for me to experience how different audiences can influence the atmosphere of the play. On Friday, the audience laughed very frequently, which made the play almost feel like a comedy. On Saturday, the audience laughed less and some people even cried, which made the play feel more like a drama. Both nights were fantastic. I want to thank everyone that participated in the play and all the people that showed up to watch it.

The play made me very happy, but apparently I could be made even happier. At the end of last week, I received a letter from Residence Life which stated that they would like to have me as a resident assistant next year. At first, I was an alternate, but it turned out that they need more people. I am very excited to join the Residence Life staff! However, there is a downside to being a RA: I will not be able to be part of the orientation committee for next fall semester. It is still going to be the best orientation ever (rumor: the theme for orientation 2009 will be Woogle Search), but I won’t be combine orientation and being a RA.

In the meantime, the semester is coming to an end. We only have one month left. I have started thinking about the coming summer already. I will be going home for a while, but I might stay a little longer in Wooster after the semester is over. I will keep you all updated.

2 Responses to “Life is Good”

1. Hanneke kraanon 06 Apr 2009 at 10:19 pm

dear Bastiaan

I very much enjoyed reading your blog, thanks for the reminder! It ‘s so good to read that you are happy, having so many great experiences. I’m looking forward to the summer, and hope that you will join us on our sailingholiday in Friesland! Strange to write to you in English, I hope I didn ‘t make too many mistakes!
    I wish you a wonderfull time in Wooster, say hi to Keri!
    love, Hanneke

2. Thomason 09 Apr 2009 at 12:10 am

Hey Baz!
    It’s fun to read all your posts, but I was wondering if you can tell me something you don’t like about Wooster. To me, it seems like you in paradise, it seems like it is to good to be true :-). But maybe I’m just jealous.
    What are your planes, as the ambassador of the Netherlands, to make everybody remember The Netherlands. You can try to make the campus totally orange on Queens day. Make us proud, make them remember 🙂