Too much?

April 12th, 2009

PART I

Wooster is exciting, but am I getting carried away with all its opportunities?
Maybe.

Yesterday, I made a list of all the things that I applied for this year and when I counted , I experienced a small shock. Eleven.
It might have been Dean Buxton who woke me up from the dream in which I can do everything at the same time. I walked in for the Judicial Board group interview and the first thing she said was: “You again?! You can’t be in ALL groups!” I told her she was wrong, but that was probably something psychologists refer to as cognitive dissonance. I know I can’t.

To give you an idea of what you can do on campus I will list the things I applied for. If applicable with the abbreviation used by students:

1. Resident Assistant (RA)
  2. Director of Travel and Recreation for Wooster Activities Crew (WAC)
  3. Ambassador for the Ambassadors Program
  4. Orientation Committee (OC)
  5. Blogger
  6. Teacher Apprentice (TA)
  7. Living in Babcock (the international dorm which hosts the Cross Cultural Living Experience Program)
  8. Board member of the International Students Association (ISA)
  9. Judicial Board (Jboard)
  10. This semesters play, Letting Go (LG).
  11. Reference Assistant in the library

Wow, that is a lot. In fact, it is too much. Many of these things conflict. For example, you can’t be an RA and on OC at the same time. This represents only a fraction of the things you can do on campus of course, but they are definitely the best choices you can make.

PART II

Why part two? Let me tell you. The first part of Too Much? is about me taking up too much. The second part is about me saying too much good stuff about Wooster (apparently, both parts are about me, but what the heck, it’s my blog). Both one of my friends and my dad warned me that I am starting to sound like a propaganda writer for an oppressive regime. In case you thought I was one: I am not. Nonetheless, I will have to write some critical notes on this college to maintain credibility and interest of the reader. Not this time though. I am way too busy (first point of criticism: they make you work at this college). In fact, I am so busy that my next post will not appear until Wednesday. On Tuesday, I have a hard math exam for which I will have to know how to apply 23401 tests on series in order to determine whether they converge or diverge. On Wednesday, I have a BIG paper due on a very complex issue. I hope my dear readers will be able to live without one of my posts for two days. I know it will be hard, but I know you can do it.

One Response to “Too much?”

1. Thomason 14 Apr 2009 at 10:41 am

Hey Baz,

How went your math exam? I am curious about the questions you get in math, because I have had the same chapters as you. I have the same problem, that I want to much, it’s hard to say no when it seems fun to do!

PS. I am happy to read that you take the comments serious. And sorry of my English, it is not very good I think and I often see red sings beneath the words, maybe i will apply for some English writing classes….