Home

June 25th, 2009

Dear readers,

I am home again. After a seven hour delay and lost bags I have finally arrived in the Netherlands. It is great to be with my two younger sisters, my younger brother and my parents again. It is also amazing spending time with my good friends from here.

After some strong performances at the end of my summer course I have improved my grade to a very satisfying level. I am glad I finished the class with a good feeling and a ditto grade. I am also happy that now I really have  summer break. No homework, no studying for a while. I have six weeks of just being.

However, I still have to do some work. I have to do research for the Ambassadors Program and I still want to think about some nice ideas for my teacher apprenticeship next year and the trips that I will be organizing for WAC. It doesn’t put too much pressure on me, but I don’t want to forget about these things.

Today, I helped my sister paint her appartment in Amsterdam. She will start studying there next year and she is really excited. She has a  very nice spot in the center of the city. Tomorrow, I will help one of my best friends move. He has bought his first apartment together with his girlfriend. When I heard one of my friends was buying a place, I felt like I was getting old. Then, I heard that one of my high school class mates is having his second child and I  knew that I was getting old. I am just joking of course, but it remains a fact that life goes very fast.

Enjoy your summer,