Cedar Point

September 7th, 2009

This week was great. Some major things happened to me.

Professor Wick gave me the opportunity to teach my very first college class. On Thursday, I taught a public speaking class on delivery. I watched several videos of speeches with the students. Then we talked about what was good and what was bad. I also gave a speech myself and let the students respond to it. Then, I had prepared a few fun exercises that show how the use of voice can change the meaning of a sentence or even a sound. It was a lot of fun for me and I think the students enjoyed it too. I was very happy after this class.

I decided to investigate the possibility of doing a double major. It is rather late for me to declare a double major since I am a junior already. I wanted to see what was possible. I talked to several people and I have come up with a plan to fit the two majors into my schedule. If everything works out, I will officially be a mathematics/communication double major by next week.

Saturday, I went to the first home football game of the year. It was the first game on the new turf field. It was a very close game, but the Scots came short in the end.  It seemed like the had the winning touchdown in the last minute, but the play was flagged. Suzanna, my sister, really enjoyed the game. It was her first football game ever, but she understood from the beginning why Americans love the game so much.

Sunday, my first trip as director of travel and recreation took place. Two buses full of students went to Cedar Point. It was a successful trip, but the Cedar Point was very busy. Fortunately, I planned my day in  a way that I got to ride all the great roller coasters. The Millenium Force, the Top Thrill Dragster (front row!), and the Maverick were all amazing.

Finally, this weekend was my first weekend on call as an RA. I was a little nervous, because weekends are usually the time when you run into the most violations. Fortunately, the weekend went very smoothly. Students behaved very well and I did not have to document any unjust actions.

I realize that this is a long story, but many things happened and I wanted to share all of them.

3 Responses to “Cedar Point”

1. charlotteon 10 Sep 2009 at 6:49 am

Brada! I enjoy reading your blog a lot but i still think not a lot of people are still aware of you writing so i think you should let everyone know. Maybe you already did and they just need to comment more! Keep up the good work because it is nice to follow what you’re up to. Great that you’re going to do two majors! Xxx

2. Gijsberton 11 Sep 2009 at 7:33 am

Son, great son of mine, having his birthday today, congratulations!
    It’s peculiar to read all these amazing news flashes I should have known about already a long time ago, only today and on your weblog… We should be in touch a little more often! Double major, teaching a class, Cedar point trip, weekend on call: each paragraph is full of excitement.
    What you felt after teaching your public spreaking class is what they call FLOW. I wish you tons of that in this upcoming year of yours. And more, I don’t need to wish you so, because you organize your own flow.
    Good luck, lucky man!

3. Bettyon 14 Sep 2009 at 8:31 am

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Betty

http://mortgagecalculato-r.com