Fall Break

October 3rd, 2009

Four days of free time. That is great. I am a strong believer in the philosophy that breaks are only as good as they are because other days are so busy. Suppose you would be free all the time, life would not be as good. This philosophy might explain why I am extra happy I have two extra days off. My semester is really busy, so the contrast with free time is bigger than ever before.

The last week before break was an interesting one. Now I think about it, almost every week is an interesting one. The communication department had its communication week. They had invited two  Wooster alumni to talk about their experience after Wooster.
One was Michael O’Neil. Michael is a 2003 graduate and now works in the White House as Director of Priority Placement. He shared with us how he got into politics and how crazy the road to his current position has been. It turned out that he had chosen the right candidate to support. Six years after Wooster, he has a job that many only can dream of.  The other alum was Sylvia Sullivan. Sylvia had gone to nursing school right after college. She has worked in several hospitals and loves her job. Both alumni had very interesting stories and illustrated how much is possible after Wooster.

Although I am on Fall break right now, I have made a list of things I want to do over the coming days:

· Evaluate Dr. Visa

· Make ISA video

· Organize Papers

· Write two things for Nicola

· Ticket Chicago

· Ticket NL

· Public Speaking Records bijwerken

· Write voice article

· Read CC guidelines

· Lees Obama boek

· Rhetoric Lezen

I understand that most of these things won’t make sense to you. It is just  a look into my thoughts. It also shows that this break is not all free time. However, I will be able to do all these things in a relaxed manner with the thought that it won’t be graded and that there is no hard due date.

2 Responses to “Fall Break”

1. charlotteon 04 Oct 2009 at 1:01 pm

Goodluck with your list during your free time! I am very happy that you’re coming to NL in december and that we are going to make a great trip with the 6 of us. Take care and hopefully I’ll catch you soon on Skype! XXXXX

2. Gijsberton 05 Oct 2009 at 3:14 am

Interesting to see how bilingual you have become! Your To Do list seems to be in English, but how about ‘bijwerken’, ‘lees’, ‘boek’ en ‘lezen’. Even more interesting is that the two ‘tasks’ to get away from Wooster are printed in bold.
    One philosophical remark: how about considering ALL your time as free time? You are free to go to class, free to write papers, free to read books, free to work in the library, even free to be on duty as an RA!

Have fun, son.