Packed

October 21st, 2009

This week is a week like I imagined all my other weeks to be like. Every minute of my week is planned out. My Google calendar is in tricolor now and does not have an empty space. Yes, even writing this post was planned.

Tomorrow, I have my midterm for principles of rhetoric. I have been doing very well in the class tomorrow, but this midterms counts for a lot. It could undo all my previous effort. Tomorrow, I also have an ambassador presentation for a first year seminar. Tomorrow, I also have an appointment at the wellness center. Tomorrow, I have to finish my linear algebra homework. Tomorrow, I have to prepare for my presentation on a nursing conference that takes place on Friday. Tomorrow, I have the three-hour retreat for campus council. Tomorrow, I have to do my homework for transitions to advanced math.

You might have gotten tired by just reading this list, but I have to actually go through tomorrow as a living person. The nasty coincidence is that tomorrow only has 24 hours. Some of those hours I prefer to spend sleeping, as loyal readers of this blog know.

Right now, I will just focus on studying for my midterm. One thing at a time. One of the things I have to know for my midterm is that humans are time binders. This means that they can they can put off doing things today. Humans are also space binders, meaning that they can anticipate and imagine the future as well as remember and learn from the past. However, male humans can still only do one thing at a time. So, although we have this great ability to imagine the future, we are still in the present. Therefore, I will just relax. There is no point in stressing about things that I cannot be doing right now anyway.

Well, one more paragraph before I go. I have to share it. The weather was perfect today. It is unfortunate that the weather decides to be so perfect in a week that I have no free minute, but I can still appreciate it. It is one of those days that you go outside and you feel the nice temperature right away. The sky was blue, there was no wind, and the fall colors were gorgeous.

2 Responses to “Packed”

1. Gijsberton 23 Oct 2009 at 8:28 am

Such brilliant ways to avoid the word ‘busy’. Thank you, son, for taking on my stimulus. Right now my schedule is too packed for a more elaborate reaction but, son, I wish you the best of luck with all your enterprises. And: next week the weather will be fine again!

2. charlotteon 25 Oct 2009 at 8:04 am

I can’t imagine what your busy life is like! I feel like my life is busy over here but when i read your posts twice a week I feel like I am doing nothing! I had my first tentamen las week and I don’t think it went very well but we will see! Goodluck with your midterms! Love sis