Love

October 31st, 2009

That is a big title for a post, right? Love. Can I really write about love on a blog about my college life. Maybe I cannot reach the heights of Shakespeare, but I wanted to share something about love. Love is a very important part of college life.

Yesterday, I had lunch with my sister. We talked about life and about home. That is one part of love, the love I share with my family. I also talked to my dad briefly over Skype. He is always willing to listen if I want to complain about something. Then, every time I write a blog, I receive a response from my grandfather. Then, I have my mom, my other sister in the Netherlands, my little brother in the Netherlands, and the rest of my family who wants to know what is going on in my life.

Yesterday, I talked to one of my best friends from home. We talked about our views on life and how we can achieve inner peace. It sounds rather deep, but that is the way we are at times. So, that is another part of love in my life: my friends. I get some long and thoughtful emails from my best friends from home. Sometimes they call me on Skype or my cell phone. Then, I have my friends here. Yesterday, I had a lot of fun with my Palestinian friend and later I had some great conversations about life with my Zimbabwean friend.

Yesterday, I enjoyed some good cheese with my girlfriend. We snacked on the products we had bought at Jungle Jim’s last week. We cuddled and we enjoyed each others company. The love I share with my girlfriend is an important part of every single day of my college life.

All this love is very important to me. The support I receive every day makes me love life and makes it easy to return the loving I receive. Without love,  it would be near impossible to make it through four years of college in a foreign country.

Bastiana

3 Responses to “Love”

1. charlotteon 01 Nov 2009 at 4:16 am

Bas!! what a sweet post! I love you!!! Hope you love me as well and my love is also very important to you even though we hardly talk to eachother! 🙂 Take care looking forward to your next post on wednesday!

2. Gijsberton 02 Nov 2009 at 5:41 am

From consistency to love! You move at galaxial speed along the path of life. You are such a fine example of the saying: the way is the goal!
    And apparently you are on the way of discovering the pure essence of creation. You are only 22! I love you, son.

3. Sandoron 03 Nov 2009 at 4:07 pm

Bas, so nice to hear you talk about love. Love is an aspect of everybody’s life, especially of me and some of our best friends at this moment. Yesterday with Henk’s birthday celebration it was also nice to talk about love, so nice to hear that you also mingle in the conversation and to hear that the love is giving you so much joy these times!

Enjoy life and love 🙂

Sandor