Break Break Break

December 11th, 2009

Break. Yes. Finals are done. On Monday, I had the public speaking final. For their final projects, the students had made videos to promote the college. Here you can find one of the three. I was very proud of the result. Because I was the TA for public speaking, I did not have to take the final for the class. Tuesday, I had my most horrific final: linear algebra. I had been struggling with that class since the second week of classes. The final was worse than I could have imagined. I think I might have gotten about sixty percent right, if I am lucky. I hope the rest of the class did equally bad, because the professor will curve the grades. After the final, I was extremely happy. Finally, I was done with linear algebra. Wednesday, I had my transitions to advanced math final. I have liked that class throughout the semester and I had been doing pretty well. I just wanted to make sure I did not ruin my grade on the final. When I was taking the exam, I had two problems that I could not figure out. However, I refused to give up. Eventually, ten minutes before exam time was over, the answers came to me. In a daydream, I saw my high school math teacher explaining how to calculate the sum of a sequence. I needed that for one of the problems and I jotted down everything I could before my professor demanded the exams to be turned in. Thursday at 2:00 pm, I had my last final. It was a principles of rhetoric final. The midterm in that class was hard, so I expected a challenging final as well. I didn’t get much sleep because I had to store so much information in my brain, but I think I did well on the final.

So, finals were done, no obligations for a while. The last thing I wanted to do before I would relax for eternity was selling back my books. I had bought a 140 dollar linear algebra book and a 120 dollar transitions to advanced math book, so I expected a good amount of money. When I offered the lady my books, she looked at me plainly and said: “that would be 18 dollar.” I said: “what!?”. I kept my books and thanked her unfriendly. I will try to make my first internet sales soon.

One Response to “Break Break Break”

1. charlotteon 12 Dec 2009 at 8:49 am

Glad to hear you survived your finals, even linear algebra! I am studying right now and I’ll be finished next friday but have to keep studying even when we’re in Costa Rica so you’re lucky that you have a four week well deserved break now! I’ll see you on monday! XXX