Week 1, back in action.

January 16th, 2010

After one week of classes, I am beginning to settle in. Still I have not received one textbook for my classes. Ordering online saves some money, but it also tests your patience. This first week was interesting because I had some new experiences. First, there is hardly any work to do. I have finished my assignments for the beginning of next week and even one that is due on Friday. I have time to hang out with people and relax. Last semester was very different in that respect. Second, I do not have my girlfriend around since she is studying abroad in Japan this semester. I am not used to being alone so much and I have to push myself to be proactive in socializing with people.

Spring semester is always an interesting time, but Spring semester of junior your is even more interesting. I have to start thinking about what extra curricular activities I want to next semester. For example, I am thinking about getting involved in the judicial board, campus council, or applying for resident director. These are just the extracurricular activities though. I also have to start thinking about the life after college. Even though I would love to pretend that college life will never end, everything goes so much faster than I think. If I want to go to grad school, I have to start thinking about tests and applications. I feel like I just made up my mind about my major and now it is time to choose again. There is no easy setting for life.

3 Responses to “Week 1, back in action.”

1. charlotteon 17 Jan 2010 at 8:12 am

And then there is a second post! Glad to hear your life is not too busy at the moment and you can enjoy some free time and socialize? You read a great book about how to win friends so you can start applying your new finds right now! Take care and enjoy your free time, I’m looking forward to mine on monday when I am done with my last exam, because it’s great!

2. opa reyeron 19 Jan 2010 at 3:03 pm

Je hebt te veel vrije tijd, Bastiaan: dat is wel even wennen! Ik zou zeggen: lees eens een mooie roman. Ik heb zelf net ‘Invisible’ gelezen van Paul Auster, een van de grootste Amerikaanse schrijvers van dit moment. Zeer aanbevolen! opa Reyer

3. Sandoron 24 Jan 2010 at 7:03 am

Your grandpa has some good advice. I’m wondering though, what did you choose for your major? Good luck with the other choices.. enough to do, right?