Spring Fest

April 10th, 2010

The weather is having its own Spring Fest. It was above 80 degrees last weekend. Yesterday morning, it was below 32 degrees. Fortunately, today will be a nice day with clear skies and temperatures in the mid 60s. Today is the day of the 2010 edition of Wooster’s Spring Fest, the large concert of our spring semester. This is a very big day for our campus, since it will feature some of the biggest artists this school has hosted in its history. We will have John Forte, K’Naan, and Wale perform. This morning I got up at 8:30 a.m. (a Saturday morning) to help with setting up Spring Fest. The sun was out already, but the air was still cold. When I left to go to work in the library, the stage was set up, some large tents were put up, and most of the tables for merchandise, food, and drinks were ready. A personal highlight for me was that I got to drive around in a golf cart for a while. The event will be great. I can’t wait to see how it goes. We will have a velcro wall, a dump tank, caricature artists, and bungee runs for student entertainment between the acts. However, I don’t think students will have much time to enjoy these activities. Before our headliners start their performance, we have two student acts. The first one is P-10, a Dj-ing session by Patryk Tenorio. Right after that, we have Freddie Cool, a group of extremely talented musicians.

Before I can go to the quad to enjoy Spring Fest, I have some International Students Association interviews. ISA is selecting next year’s board. I can’t believe how fast this year has gone and I am excited to see what next year’s board will bring.

Last night, I had dinner with my sister. She has broken her finger playing sports. You might be guessing volleyball or basketball. Well, that would be an incorrect guess. She was playing a game of intramural ……….. DODGEBALL!  She is really disappointed that she broke her finger playing such a silly game, but it is a fact of life now. She will have her ring finger in a cast for the coming three weeks.
After I had dinner with my sister I watched some Cavs basketball, something I really enjoy doing. Then, I had to get myself to Taylor (the math, computer science, and physics building) to work on my Junior Independent Study (on a Friday night). I managed to write a full chapter! Tomorrow I will be writing a math paper on Bernoulli’s Inequility. Fun, Fun, Fun. These last three weeks ahead of me will probably be the hardest of my college career. There is one truth though: in five weeks I will be home and done with everything, no matter the result.

One Response to “Spring Fest”

1. charlotteon 13 Apr 2010 at 8:03 am

poor sister! And dodgeball is a stupid game, i always think because boys always enjoy to throw the ball really hard! Hope the springfest was fun! See you soon!