Done –> Senior Now

May 7th, 2010

It was a weird feeling. I turned in my last final and I knew I was done with my junior year. I also knew that I had no responsibilities the coming days, that I was not busy. It almost felt like I fell into a hole. The whole year I have been running from one amazing activity, to a big paper, to an exam, and back to my room to get a little bit of sleep. Now, I could finally stop running.

I just walked around campus for a while inhaling the fresh spring air. It was an amazing feeling; a feeling of accomplishment, satisfaction, and total relaxation.

Now I am here on campus to finish my Residence Life duties. I will be checking students out of their rooms, cleaning the halls, and filing paperwork. After Commencement on Monday, this campus will be very empty. On Thursday, I will be traveling to my home country, The Netherlands. I am looking forward to spending time with my younger brother, my younger sister that I haven’t seen in a while, my parents, and my friends from home. Exciting things to come are my brother’s graduation, a vacation with my friends, and the World Cup.

I will spend this summer to explore my options after graduation. Will I continue my studies in The Netherlands, will I start working, will I continue my education in the United States, or somewhere else?

These are all important questions, so I want to take some time to answer them. Also, I will be planning some things for my positions next year: Resident Director and Campus Council Chair. I will try to come up with some activities to do great in both positions. I won’t be as busy next year as I was this year, but I want to give as much as I can for the things that I will do.

I’ll be back as a senior.

3 Responses to “Done –> Senior Now”

1. Gijsberton 07 May 2010 at 12:05 pm

On the lookout for your senior posts, but first of all for you, to hug you on Schiphol Airport and to take you home! Seven more nights to go.

2. opa reyeron 07 May 2010 at 12:18 pm

Gefeliciteerd!! De opluchting spatte van het papier! En wat een leuke en spannende zaken heb je nog voor de boeg. Wie weet, zien we elkaar al gauw na je thuiskomst. opa Reyer

3. charlotteon 08 May 2010 at 4:27 am

Congratulations! I can’t wait to spent time with you either, even though my busy period will start coming week! Have a safe trip home and see you soon!