It Wasn’t That Bad

December 12th, 2010

As I predicted in my last post, this week was easier than I thought.

Right now it feels like I am on vacation already, but that is not completely true yet. However, the lack of meetings and classes make it seem like I have all the time in the world.

There are still some things that I need to take care off:

• Astronomy Project: we can write on anything that we want and put it in any format. Together with a classmate, I am working on a comedy piece with several songs.
  • Third African Religions Paper.
  • Final African Religions Paper.
  • Astronomy Exam. Tomorrow starting at 2:00 p.m.

Then, since I feel like I have so much time, there is a list of things I’d like to do this week:

• Going out for dinner at Broken Rocks. I got a nice gift certificate for being one of the three best speakers during the Communication Studies I.S. speeches.
  • Getting a hair cut. My hair has been growing the entire semester and has not met scissors in months. I think it is time to clean it up a little.
  • Laundry. I have plenty of clothes that need to be washed and it would be nice to wash my bedlinen too before I leave.
  • Pack my belongings for winter break.
  • Write most of my third chapter for I.S.

It seems like an easy week, but I think the week ahead will be a little more challenging than last week. I always perform best under pressure. I have quite some time this week, so I will probably have a hard time getting myself to work.

One thing I am hoping for is that we will get a little blizzard this week. I love snow, but so far we have not had enough. Up to half a foot is predicted for this week, but I hope it will turn out to be more. Of course, but the time I am flying out the snow should be cleared because I don’t want to get stuck in Cleveland.

It is time for me to put in some hours for my astronomy project. I’ll give you an update later this week on how finals are going.

5 Responses to “It Wasn’t That Bad”

1. Itaion 12 Dec 2010 at 4:31 pm

be careful of what you wish for son, blizzard + snow = disaster ?

2. charlotteon 12 Dec 2010 at 5:46 pm

you also need to take care of making a skype appointment with your sister before you’re are leaving for you loooong break! Good luck with your last week! Talk to you soon!

3. Pepson 13 Dec 2010 at 1:34 am
  4. opa reyeron 13 Dec 2010 at 5:01 am

Hallo Bastiaan! Wat heerlijk voor je dat je leventje in wat rustiger vaarwater is beland! Dat je onder druk productiever bent is een bekende ervaring. Bij mij geldt echter: onder druk neemt mijn productie wel toe, maar als ik kwaliteit moet en wil leveren, heb ik daar rustig de tijd voor nodig. Geldt dat ook niet voor een werkstuk astronomy met songs b.v.? Ik ben heel benieuwd naar je ervaringen op dit punt. Want er zijn inderdaad mensen die juist onder grote druk ook kwalitatief hun beste werk leveren.
    Veel succes met de laatste loodjes van dit semester! opa Reyer

5. Rutgeron 13 Dec 2010 at 10:08 pm

you also need to take care of making a skype appointment with your brother before you’re are leaving for you loooong break! Good luck with your last week! Talk to you soon!